Saturday, December 26, 2009

Last Christmas

Merry Christmas!
I listen to Last Christmas a lot. Not just at Christmas time, I mean year round. But now is the time that I have an excuse to listen to it with other people, in the car, whatever. It's nice. I have three versions that I like. But the best will always be the original - WHAM! But Taylor Swift and Glee do a good job too =)

I have only been out of school for like a week but it has already felt like a month... and it feels amazing! I got my grades today and that was excited! My lowest grade being a B (B+ and 3 A's are the remaining grades). I am really proud of my work this semester. Those are about the same grades I get every semester, but I got really good grades on my major assignments this semester. My classes were a bit harder and I still did a great job. I am excited about that. I am excited that I have not gotten any C's in college so far. I'd say that's an accomplishment.

Tyler and I spent the last week together. We started out in Owasso for the weekend. We just hung out and did some wedding things like:



Wedding cake tasting! So yummy! I think we have officially decided on cupcakes in stead of doing an actual brides cake. Honestly, I don't love cake. I have only tasted one wedding cake that I just loved and so the cake hasn't been a big deal to me. So I browsed and saw how people use cupcakes for their brides cake. You can dress it up, put it on a tier just like a cake would be set up, and decorate them! So we will probably have cupcakes and sheet cake, plus Tyler's totally awesome groom's cake. I am excited about that. But I probably won't share that information with you at this time.

Our free engagement photo session was canceled because of the weather last Saturday (too cold/cloudy) so I think we are just gonna forget that. It was going to be an extra thing - only because it's free. But my dear friend Whitney (also bridesmaid, best friend from high school) will be taking our engagement pictures sometime. Our current plan is to go to Joplin for it so we can maybe take some pictures at Camp Cyokamo where Tyler and I met. I hope this works out. If not, I am sure we will have pretty pictures anyway!

So after our Owasso visit we headed to Stillwater. We spent most of the week in Stillwater with Tyler and his family. We spent lots of time with his parents, brother, nephew, and sister-in-law. We also got to spend some time with Tyler's extended family which was nice! Especially since we are newly engaged. Then we got stuck in Stillwater for a little longer than expected and Tyler had a shorter stay in Owasso. I really don't like snow. I don't like it because it's cold. It's very pretty, but I still don't like it. I also don't like it cause it changes plans and makes us almost miss Christmas with my family. White Christmas' are overrated. Please stop wishing for them. I am sure those people who have a car stuck on the side of the road agree.

I liked this Christmas a lot more than usual. I think this is for two reasons: I did get to spend it with Tyler which was awesome. But also, due to a class I took recently at Ozark, I feel like I understand why Jesus came and how astounding that is a lot better than before. I have just learned so much about the cross and the reasons for it and this time of year allows us to reflect on the initial act of Jesus coming. It's been a great time of reflection. I am truly thankful that God chose to give us justification through faith by sending a part of him for us. What an awesome God!


Anyway, I hope you had a Merry Christmas!

No comments: