Saturday, September 25, 2010

Not what I expected...

Sometimes people ask me if I am learning a lot about Tyler or if being married to him/living with him is really different than I expected. I'm just going to be honest, Tyler and I knew each other extremely well prior to getting married... not to say that I knew everything about him, I am sure there are a thousand more things to learn. But really, we knew each other pretty well. We have been friends for 7 1/2 years, really close friends for at least four years. Tyler lived in this apartment for a year before we got married and since I spent some time here, I already learned a lot of his weird habits as far as living arrangements. I haven't run into a lot of surprises yet.. well, at least not in him.

But me. I am not what I expected. Not in the least bit. Did I know how to cook more than two meals prior to getting married? No. Did I anticipate being very prompt when it comes to dishes and cleaning? No. Did I enjoy doing laundry? No. Why isn't being a wife a paid position? I mean, I love being his wife and doing things around the house, but sometimes that is all I want to do. It's super fun. This is what is surprising to me. All of the sudden, I love keeping this place in order, planning our weekly menu, grocery shopping, doing laundry. I feel like I have to clean the kitchen at least once a day, but I love it! I am kind of weirding myself out.

I do learn much about Tyler... and let me tell ya, living with him is awesome! He is a very entertaining husband. More than anything I am surprised how just living with him and being married to him makes so much more of my life about him. I want to make sure things are great around here for him (even though I have about a billion other things I should probably be doing...). I love doing this, if only it could be a full time job.

I just thought I'd share about how I surprise myself on a daily basis. Now it's time to pick up the bedroom. Have a happy Saturday!

2 comments:

Lydia said...

Glad you are still enjoying everything! And yes, it should be a paid position- I can only imagine how much of a raise you would get once you add in kids!

Say said...

You're not weird! I was the exact same way about not liking all of those duties.. until I got married. I can't wait to have his clean laundry, meal, house ready for him! I guess we should just call it "love." :) Cute Blog!