Friday, May 15, 2009

Hellloooooo summer!

Summer is always an exciting word, but not today.
Summer=leaving Joplin. This is something I am not ready to do quite yet. Mostly because my two best friends will be here... and when I come back to Joplin in a few weeks, one of those best friends will be getting married. How weird. I don't know if I am ready to give her up as my roommate... I don't know if it is possible to find another match like us. We recently talked about how we can't really think of any times when we have ever actually been upset with each other, or not wanted to live together, or didn't look forward to seeing each other. And now that goes away. How sad. I am ready to have my own room and have a lot of space... but I'd rather have a roommate like Kara.
I am not quite ready to do this whole distance thing with Tyler AGAIN. It seems to be the story of our entire friendship/relationship. "Hey, it's summer, I'm gonna go to Poland. Hey, it's summer, I'm gonna go to Houston. Hey, it's summer, at least I am staying in Joplin!" He stays closer and closer every year, so that's good. But I'd prefer no hour and half drive. At least I know I am coming back and I don't just live an hour away like high school.

Summer also means things like working a ton, going to Cambodia, going to church camp... I am kinda walking in to the unknown on two big things. A. Cambodia, which I think is enough said. B. Camp. It's weird to think I am going somewhere besides Cyokamo. I feel like I am cheating on Cyokamo. But I am so looking forward to spending a week straight with this youth group and just getting to know them better. Not just that, letting them get to know me better. I can only build relationships to a certain extent by spending two 2 hour intervals with them a week. Maranatha, here I come!

I am really looking forward to a lot of things, I just wish I didn't have to leave people here in Joplin. But really, working with my sister, Cambodia, Florida, church camp, and spending time with my family and high school friends? I guess it won't be too bad!


No comments: