Sunday, March 6, 2011

Busy, busy, busy!

I know it has been awhile since I blogged. When life picks up, my blog is the first to be tossed aside.

So what has been keeping me so busy, you ask? Well, lots of things really! 

First, homework. Being a senior has been good for me though. Not sure if I have mentioned it previously, but rather than any apathy taking place, the fact that I am so close to being done is pure motivation. I have so much excitement and energy to put in to my assignments. I recently turned in my last exegetical. This was a good feeling, but I know I still have several papers left. But like I said, I am completely motivated to finish strong! Graduation is only 75 days away!

Ministry is also a big part of our lives, obviously. This weekend we spent much time with the new high school minister and his family as they were introduced to sponsors, staff, elders, and the congregation. It has been a great time, I must say I really like the Hansen's and know they will do a great job at College Heights. They are so excited to be a part of all that College Heights is doing in the community. His passion is very apparent. While this weekend was great, it was very tiring. I am not quite the social butterfly that being a minister's wife forces me to be sometimes. It is quite tiring to be around people so much, but luckily I don't have to be around many people for a few days. This is good news!

We have been pretty busy looking for and praying about our next step. Now that CHCC has a new minister coming (and soon!) it makes us pretty anxious to figure out what's next for us. God has shown us a few opportunities. Unfortunately a lot of these opportunities mean waiting on churches to respond. We are both so confident though that this is in God's hands. While we are uncertain of where we might be in the next several months, we know that God has never not provided for us, so we know he will now. Basically, we have done all that we can do regarding seeking opportunities (and we continue to do this daily), so waiting is just a part of the process!

As I said, Tyler and I both know that God is faithful. This whole transition at CHCC has been his plan and he continues to plan for us and will open doors for us. It's not the easiest or most peaceful of times, but I know that this will produce growth and change in our lives that will allow us to serve him even better in a new venue. The fact that he has something in mind for us that he is working out for us is really exciting. I trust no one more than I trust God to provide for us.


No comments: