Friday, November 14, 2008

Changes

In the past year I have learned more about myself than I ever did before. There are so many things I never thought I would say about myself...but I would now. I think a lot of life-changes changed who I am, unexpected and expected life changes... But the truth of the matter is, I have changed. A lot of people who have known me my whole life wouldn't know or understand the details of who I have become. There is something a little frightening in that. There are people I have always thought of as those who know me best and those people have gone. It's not that they aren't in my life, but too many things have changed. Just as I have changed, I am sure they have too... 

I like to plan. I like to have plans, I like to make plans. I like to stay organized. I need my room to stay clean or I cannot be in peace. I really don't like people taking things without asking. I really enjoy privacy and boundaries. I am not outspoken. I tend to do what is best for others and not myself. I don't like to voice my opinion. I dislike speaking in front of people. I don't like to be messed with/I dislike practical jokes. Looking stupid makes me really sad. I don't want to be a teacher. I want to live a big city. I like to be surrounded by people with similar morals. I need lots of encouragement... for me, the lack of encouragement is discouragement. I am becoming a lot more confident in what I want, and I don't mean figuring that out, but voicing it. I am not as good at making friends as I used to be. 

And that's only a small list. But I am always happy to know that I am constantly learning and being challenged. The most uncomfortable and frustrating year of my life taught me enough for me to be okay with the bad things. It was good, but I am glad this school year has already been a thousand times better. With a floor of wonderful ladies, including my best friends and a whole group of great freshman, where am I to go wrong? Not to mention a pretty great boyfriend who is always so patient with me in the life lessons I am constantly learning... It's been great so far...and I know there will only be good with the rest of the year. 

2 comments:

My Dear Gs... said...

You definitely have changed a lot in the last couple of years. I'm so proud of you and what a grown-up woman you've become!

Charlie Curran said...

You are amazing... I love the person you have become... but give yourself credit... growing up in a preachers family, with 2 sisters, 1 brother, a couple dogs, moving a bunch as a little kid, having to listen to your dad preach, you have been awesome!

Dont forget that.