Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Future

I don't know what my future holds. This fact usually scares me, makes me uncomfortable, and even makes me mad. I like to know what's happening, when it's happening, why it's happening, and how it's happening. But I don't know that right now. And for once, I am really glad.

I think it's a common mistake to get so caught up in what is next. This is something I try to keep myself from. I try really hard because I am the first one to worry about the future. But right now I am at complete peace with the fact that I don't know where Tyler and I will be or where we will be going in like, 10 months. I think there is a good chance we won't be staying around Joplin for too long after I graduate. But what is that mysterious destination? I don't know.

I just don't want to miss the now. I don't want to miss what God is giving me here. Joplin isn't my favorite place, but until God clearly calls me elsewhere, I will love this city with Christ's love. I don't want to leave just for the sake of getting out of here. I want to bloom here until God plants me in another place.

It's a real treat to hear me say that I am at peace with not knowing. It might be the first time those words have ever come out of my mouth (so to speak =) ). But it's true. I know God will take good care of us!

No comments: