Thursday, June 25, 2009

Walking down the isle...

Many people in my lifetime have informed me that walking down the isle would be one of the greatest moments of my life. They were right, but I don't think they knew what isle they were talking about.

As we arrived at Rapha House on a Wednesday night, our whole bus grew silent. We were finally at the place we had all been anticipating. We have looked forward to meeting the girls who have dealt with such a hard past and just to love on them. My team leader stood up and just smiled at us and prayed. During this prayer, we were all so filled with excitement that most of us began to cry. Yes, I cried about meeting the girls even before I met them. As we got off the bus, we could hear lots of clapping and cheering. The girls were clapping for us. They had formed an isle from the front of the gate and into the compound. As I approached the isle I was handed a beautiful arrangement of flowers and proceeded to walk down the isle. As I walked down the isle girls would reach out their hands in the midst of their huge smiles and their clapping. I would briefly hold on to each hand as I moved down the isle. It was completely overwhelming. At the end of the isle stood members of my team and we all just cried.

Prior to getting of the bus my team leader told us that entering the gates at Rapha House would be much like entering the gates of Heaven. What's amazing to me is that I do believe that it would be similar... an isle of people cheering for me and these people greatly anticipating my arrival. I don't know how it could have been better, but that's the cool part. Heaven is even going to be better than that.

I was surrounded by girls that had been sex trafficked for their whole lives before being there and they were cheering for me. They had been preparing to meet me all day long, just as I prepared to meet them. I have never felt so unworthy of celebration before. I just wanted to clap for them and show them how amazing they are and how each one of them is a miracle. Those people in my life were right. Walking down the isle was the absolute greatest moment of my life. And sure, there might be another isle some day to rival that moment. But I think this moment will always be placed on a whole different level.

1 comment:

amerchantheart said...

This bring total chills to me!! God is good!!

Angie