Wednesday, February 24, 2010

An Overwhelmingly, wonderful gift.

So yesterday I got this message from a friend. She recently returned from Cambodia. She told me that she had a purse and card for me from one of the girls at Rapha. I waited about 20 hours for this gift to be in my hands. And now I am overwhelmed. It's not like I ever doubted that I left an impact, or that I questioned whether or not this girl really loved me like I love her. But receiving this confirmation that she still thinks of me and I really did leave an impression on her is quite overwhelming. I don't need to hear from her or receive gifts from her, but yes, I want it. It's a want that God didn't have to fulfill, but he did and I am so thankful.

It's been a rough month. I have been thinking of my two little sisters constantly. I don't know what it is. They have been on my mind and on my heart constantly. I miss them. My heart literally desires to hold them again and be with them. To hear their laughs, to see their smiles, to see them sign "I love you" as we drove away each day. This is a desire of my heart that might not be fulfilled anytime soon. But to receive this beautiful purse and card in which she tells me she misses me, she wants me to come back. She loves me. "May God bless you". I am overwhelmed. She asked if I miss her too. Seriously? Every second of every single day. I am so thankful that God granted a wish of my heart. Just to hear from her again makes me so so so happy.

I know it's been a long while since I was in Cambodia, but trust me, I am still processing this day by day. Those girls are not girls you can walk away from and ever forget about. I am so glad that I haven't forgotten the amazing lessons that God taught me. I never want to forget this.


No comments: