Wednesday, March 10, 2010

"And you're healing will quickly appear..."

"It's worth it though..." Ugh. Wedding planning... not for me. Seriously. It was fun for like the first three months. And it's not that I am just so ready I can hardly stand it (I am super ready though). It's that I would just rather not make these decisions and figure out the details. It's super annoying. Our wedding is only 2 months from this coming Friday. It's really not that far away. Plus- I have the whole waiting thing down. It's is really just the planning that is annoying me at this point in time. (And this is coming from a person who thrives on planning.) Not to mention having to coordinate dates for showers, especially when people don't seem to be satisfied with when I am available... but I kinda feel like my availability is vital. But maybe that's just me.

Remember when I took a small sabbatical from Facebook? Well, don't worry, I am already annoyed again. So I guess it's time to assess the situation (I have been saying that a lot lately... weird). It's still like there are certain expectations regarding Facebook and people I know... and that is slightly crazy to me. Can we all just be reminded that it is a website? Sure it is a great connection, great advertising place, and serves a lot of really good purposes. But it is not the replacement of relationships in my life. Maybe when people ask to be my friend on Facebook I will make them fill out a list of expectations for our Facebook relationship. Is that a little controlling? Probably. But I tend to be on the controlling side. And that is something that I am comfortable and ultimately okay with.

So I am in Abnormal Psychology this semester. Umm... favorite class EVER. Seriously I am in love with this. Learning about all kinds of disorders is so so so very interesting. I think this is opening up the option of pursuing psychology, not just counseling or social work, at a graduate level. How exciting. But seriously, it's so awesome and I am learning so much. I try not to diagnose myself in class. But sometimes... ya just get curious! No major disorders for me so far =).

I am exhausted. Not really physically (although I am pretty tired). But emotionally, mentally, etc. I don't know what it is but it's been a trying month. I think there has just been a lot of reminders and focus on Cambodia/Rapha House/injustice in general. Frankly, I haven't had time to process. That's not something you really consider when you have an emotional day. But I truly haven't had time to sit and think. I haven't had time to feel what I am feeling. It's hard to be at peace with life when you can't even go through how you feel, why you feel it, what to do about it, etc. So this weekend I am going home. Sure, at the end of next week I will go home for Spring Break. But I just couldn't wait. I am so exhausted. I am afraid I won't make it another week of class without being able to go home and process and work through some things. Plus, on Wednesday nights we are going to start a series on injustice with a major focus on Rapha House. I really need to be in a place that I can be an asset to this series rather than an emotional basket-case that I end up being every time something so dear to my heart comes up.

To end, I shall share my favorite portion of my favorite passage of scripture. I encourage you to read Isaiah 58:5-14. But here is Isaiah 58:8:

"Then your light will break forth like the dawn,
and you're healing will quickly appear;
then you're righteousness will go before you,
and the glory of the Lord will be your rear guard."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I HATE WEDDING PLANNING TOO!!! So dumb.