Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Goodbye my sweet drink!

Okay. This is heart breaking news that I have for you.

I think I have found the source for a lot of my migraines.

For the past couple of weeks I have noticed that I tend to get migraines right after I eat a meal. But I wasn't eating the same thing every meal so I didn't think it meant that I was eating something that didn't get along with my body. But the one thing that I realized was common to the meals that resulted in migraine is no the food... but the drink.

Coke. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. Not coke! Pleaseeee don't take it away!! But yet, I asked Tyler to never let me drink it again. For the past couple of weeks- this has been the common denominator. Excessive sugar in general gives me a headache which is why I am not a huge dessert person anymore. Which let me tell ya - that one stinks! It's not that I don't like desserts. I love all dessert. Cake, ice cream, cheesecake, cookies, it's all great. But not when it gives you a headache. Even a small cookie will do it.

Anyway, I feel like if I publicly state that coke will no longer be a regular part of my life, I might actually go through with it. I don't know if it's just because I drink too much (only 1 a day) or if it is coke in general. I guess we will see.

On the bright side, I am marrying Tyler in 53 days. I have never been so excited for anything in my life. Well I am pretty excited about going on vacation with him... Oh and then finally living with him. So so so excited. I don't even know how to describe it. He makes this stressful time in my life so much better. I am so thankful and so blessed!

1 comment:

Steph T. said...

I gave up Dr. pepper about 6 months ago...sooo soo hard! But I have one every once in awhile to reward myself. It's so bad for u though. I have also given up sweets during the week...started that last week. Again...so so so so so hard. IT's just an obedience thing between me and God that I am working on. I could down a ding dong & a Dr. pepper in a second...sad huh? :) I am so proud of you...I totally understand you wanting to announce it...it's not easy.