Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Peace

God has been really good to me. I really thought these weeks would be insane, but he keeps giving me random breaks that I didn't plan on! It's great. I have had several different classes canceled, and do on Friday again, but also tomorrow is skip day! It's great.

I have a lot to do over the next three days, but also a lot of time. I have to get invitations pretty much done by Friday, but I also want to get two big assignments done too. I found out that I don't have a final in one of my classes which is super awesome. I also found out I could change my project so now I have a partner and am doing my project over human trafficking in stead of mentoring which I am excited about. There is also a decent possibility of a good job this summer, but nothing is definite.

We had to make a budget for our premarital counseling and that was interesting... Right now, with the money we make, there is no way we could live off of our monthly wages. But that will be really different this summer, and then different in the fall. So we had to make a budget with numbers that aren't going to work, but they are also not going to be reality for us. It's frustrating and it is stressing me out. I just really want to know if I have a job and what it is. I want to be able to feel peace about it. But the unfortunate thing is that I can't look for peace in being sure because I already know the answer. I have to look for peace in knowing that God will provide. That's really hard for me. But I sure am trying.

John 14:7 "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

Philippians 4:6-7 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

No comments: