Friday, May 14, 2010

Kids

Last night Beau and Michelle threw us a "man shower", or basically a shower for Tyler to receive tools and such. It ended up being four of us couples and 7 little kids between the three other couples. I was looking forward to it because I love hanging out with these people. Our youth sponsors are becoming my most favorite people to spend time with. They all care about Tyler and I so much. It is so obvious that each of these couples are fervently chasing after God's will... and we need those people surrounding us.

So something has been changing in my heart lately. Over the past few months, I have formed a huge love for children. I don't know what it is. I think that having a niece has really helped me begin to like children, but right now, I love kids. Last night one of the kids brought a book over to me and had me read to him and it was one of the most fun moments I have had in awhile. We didn't even really read the book, we just talked about the pictures. I must admit, Camden is my favorite little boy ever!

Anyone who knows me will know how strange it is that I am confessing a love for kids. I am even going to nanny this summer for a family. I met this family earlier this week and fell in love with the kids. It's so crazy how much my heart is changing for children. But seriously, I kinda wish there were kids around right now!

Don't worry, I still do not want my own for a long time =). But it is super comforting to know that my heart is changing... because a few months ago I would have told you that kids are scary to me. But no longer!



PS. I am officially done with classes.
29 days until our wedding.
8 days until Tyler's graduation! Woo hoo!

No comments: